Of all the approximately 750000 words that exist in the English Language, I can’t even find one single word to describe what happened at my driving lesson today. It was tough for me, as usual but it was also a sweaty affair for me today. I was learning how to do the side parking, which I thought was hard at first but I kind of (note: kind of only) like it after a while. The only downside to it was that my instructor turned off the air-con, letting to sweat like as though I was in sauna while trying to maneuver the (stoooooopid) steering wheel 720 degrees to the left then to the right. Hmm, I’m afraid I would forget what I learned today because he taught me how to do the side parking, the three-point-turn and also the slope part. Oh, well, this will definite bore and maybe annoy you but I’m going to write down what he taught me today.
* * * * * * * *
How to do a Side Parking
- Put your gear into reverse gear.
- Reverse until you see the second stick.
- Turn your steering wheel 720 degrees to your left.
- Reverse until you see all four sticks behind your car.
- Turn back your steering wheel 720 degrees to your right.
- Reverse until your tyre is about 1 feet from the yellow line.
- Turn your steering wheel 720 degrees to your right.
- Reverse until the car is in the box. (cont.)
How to do a Three Point Turn
- (Cont.) Change back to first gear. Do not move your steering wheel at all cause.
- Slowly release clutch and start moving forward.
- Adjust your car until you’re moving in a straight line.
- Then, turn to your right until you almost reach the pavement.
- Pull the handbrake and change your gear to reverse gear.
SHIT. I FORGOT ALREADY.
Okay, okay. Wait. I think it was…..
- Turn 1440 degrees to your left and slowly reverse. Stop when the car almost reaches the yellow line.
- Press on the brake and pull the handbrake.
- Change your gear back to first gear.
- Slowly move forward.
* * * * * * * *
I think that was all. And please, please, please do correct me if I’m wrong. I’ll be going for my fourth lesson this Thursday. I hope I won’t ‘mati engine’ at the junctions and traffic lights like I did today. I hope I won’t get honked again, I hope the world would be more considerate towards beginner’s driver like me. Well, one can only wish,